4.13.2005

Hello and Father of Mine

Hello all! I am new to this blog thing. My wife is a blogger (one who blogs), and although she has never had a blog of her own, she has posted anonymously on numerous sites. She is the reason that I am actually trying this out. I am being used by her. I am her guinea pig. She wants to see if this actually works, so me Kel Tiger will be used as animal testing. If I am not using blog ettiquette, please inform me. Otherwise, here it goes.

I love baseball, and I am a huge Minnesota Twins fan, hence the name Twinsfan37. Do I dare go into more detail into my love of baseball? Why not? My father, when he would come home from work when I was a boy, would pitch to me almost every night when the weather got nice. I loved it! He would also hit me fly balls, pop-ups and grounders. My question to all of you is this: Did I love baseball simply because it was quality time spent with my father, or did I love it because my father did? Or did I just love it because it was fun and interesting to me? I will also answer, even though my wife states that it is weird to answer your own posts. I believe it was a combination of all three. I loved spending time with my dad. I live about 7 hours drive from him now, and miss him often. My dad was working a lot as a policeman, and worked odd hours at times, so I cherished our time spent together as a youngster. But if we were doing something that I didn't enjoy as much, such as splitting wood for our stove, that wasn't as fun spending time together. My dad and I are a lot alike, but he is fanatical about bicyling as well as baseball. However, I am not into biking like he is. Not much at all, unfortunately. So I like to think that it is a combination of the three.

Please let me know your thoughts on the subject, as well as your interest in baseball, your favorite team, knowledge of the game, and your own father or mother and your following in their footsteps in any aspect of your life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Kelly I love you sooooo much. Thanks for setting up blogs with me. I couldn't have done it without you. I love you to the moon and back. Hope the students aren't acting like animals. Sasuage and spegetti for dinner.

mish

4/13/2005 11:33 PM

 
Blogger twinsfan37 said...

Johann - what are talking about that Joe Mauer is a really well player? aren't you in college now? Anyways the Twins look like such a nice young team. Terry Tiffee the hero last night. Bartlett is a stud, i agree, and Mauer had 3 hits! I'm excited for our team. They are so fun to watch and follow. Our bullpen is so solid too with Nathan, Romero, and Rincon. Tough to beat. Good to hear from you- and you to Katie. I miss you guys. Talk with you more soon. xo kel

4/14/2005 5:19 PM

 
Blogger Duck Hunter said...

I don't follow baseball too much, but when I do, I am cheering on the same team as Faith. Nascar is more my thing. How about a Jeff Gordon shirt for Faith?

4/14/2005 10:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel,
This is the first blog site I've ever been to...guess I'm behind the times. I must say though, its pretty cool and interactive. I don't really have any comments about the Twins this year, but once you start a Packer blog you know I'll be there. By the way, I came name four players this year which shows my passion for the game (and the Pack). Anyway, I think its great that Faith will be a Twins fan, that way she'll have some more Minnesota roots which is always a good thing. Just don't start playing Stratomatic with her quite yet. We're excited to see you guys soon (hopefully). Maybe plan a summer fishing outing in Manty. I promise we'll catch more then last time.
-Todd

4/23/2005 9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home