1.05.2007

New Year's Res. - the workout



So many people enjoy New Year's resolutions. In the past I have been one of those people. Read the Bible more, eat less chocolate, gain 10 pounds of muscle... etc. However, this year I started a few months earlier. In early-mid November I began wanting to get back into weightlifting. I used to do some weightlifting in high school and in college.

I have a co-worker who asked me if I would join him after school. He was pretty hard-core. He read books on weightlifting, the latest articles off of reliable web sites, and he even kept 'stats' of his weightlifting. It was pretty nice because I could bring Faith and Audrey to the Y and there was a Kids Club for them while I worked out. My friend has really pushed me. I have experienced new soreness from muscles I knew I had, but never worked out before.

All of a sudden on January 2nd, a typical day at the Y, which was never so busy - just the regulars that all knew each other, became a crowded shopping mall. I hate crowds and malls. But I figure the resolutionists will fade out in 4-6 weeks and I'll keep on enjoying getting huge.

Mish has been encouraging me in it, which is nice.

A funny side note: When we first moved to Kenosha and we were looking around for a church to belong to we settled on one, where mish knew a few people from her high school. Anyways at a gathering she was talking with a young man about our age and he mentioned that he weightlifted and she interjected that I liked to do that as well... she even asked him, with me not being present, if he would lift with me, (she's so sweet) he said gruffly, "Only if he wants to get up at 6am." The funny thing is we saw this young man with a young girl at our gym and it wasn't 6am, and it didn't look like this girl could lift a whole lot, nor spot him.

Well, you may have had to be there.

I don't know what kind of exercise you are all in to, but to those joining me - happy lifting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Kel ~

I bet that poser is just huge by now working out with the little waif. I'm glad things ended up the way they did, because now you look great. And Jason seems like a really nice friend.

1/08/2007 8:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, Glad to hear your getting huge. What is your favorite shoulder and back exercise. Sarah and I are training for a half marathon in the fall and I may go for a triatholon, but i do not swim well. I have been working out at Bally's but have yet to find a partner to work with, it is a huge help. I wish i was around you and jason. look forward to seeing you at the end of may. Nick

1/08/2007 7:14 PM

 
Blogger Little Miss Kristal said...

josh likes to weight lift too, so maybe he could join you sometime. i, on the other hand, HATE weight lifting and would much rather join your wife on the treadmill (but going at a much slower pace than she would be).

1/20/2007 4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home